All of us want to be great. Especially as leaders. All of us want to be part of a great team. Have a great family. A great neighborhood. A great church. A great community. A great legacy.
There are lots of factors that go into being great. But ultimately, being great starts with you. And since you are your greatest coach and advocate for yourself, here are a few things to always think about when it comes to being great.
1. Be responsible. Be on time. Get things done. Finish.
2. Be a learner. Read. Listen. Be curious.
3. Be a hustler. Work hard. Whatever it takes.
4. Be a carrier of the organizational vision. Be a role model of living out the values of your company, church, and staff.
5. Be passionate. Be positive. Live with joy.
6. Be self aware and self regulating. Know who you are. Lead yourself.
7. Be Humble. It's not about you.
8. Be someone who "leans in." Be first.
9. Be Disciplined. Stick with it.
10. Be a courageous risk taker. Step out.