Follower vs. Fan. Is there a difference? 1. Followers are committed. Fans can be fickle.
2. Followers trust their leader. Fans trust in their leader only when it benefits them.
3. Followers want a vision. Fans want a show.
4. Followers ask "what have i done for you lately?" Fans ask "what have you done for me lately?"
5. Followers are in for the long term. Fans are in for the short term.
6. Followers have an intrinsic connection; it's not about wearing a t-shirt. Fans have an extrinsic connection; it's ALL about wearing a t-shirt.
7. Followers don't care who gets the credit. Fans draw attention to themselves.
8. Followers want connection and community. Fans want an autograph and a selfie.
9. Followers believe that what they are part of is truly making a difference. Fans believe that what they are part of is simply making a memory.
Are you a follower or a fan?