Okay, this next week is the last full week before Christmas. Time to wrap up those projects, finalize year end plans, and mark some items off the to-do list. While at it, take some time this week to reach out. Make a call or send an email. Text someone. Send a note.
Here are a few ideas:
- call a close friend who lives in another state that you haven't talked to in several months
- send an email to a former employee or work peer who might need some encouragement
- get in touch with an "unreachable" (out of your league) mentor or hero who has greatly inspired or impacted you from afar. Just to say thanks.
- write a note to a coach, teacher or pastor who greatly influenced you during your childhood or teen years.
- call or email your current pastor and tell them how grateful you are for their leadership.
- share with your team a story of impact that happened this past year that will inspire and motivate.
- take a gift to or leave a gift for your neighbor
- reach out to an aunt, uncle, cousin or relative who you haven't talked with in a while. Invite them to your house for Christmas.
- encourage a local civil servant or military member by saying hi and how you are grateful for their service.