When you were 10 years old, what were you dreaming about? What did you want to be? What consumed your thoughts? For me, a few things:
1. I wanted to be able to do a cherry picker on a bmx bike.
2. I wanted to beat Seminole in elementary football.
3. I wanted to marry Robyn Repass when we both turned 18.
4. I wanted to fly in an airplane for the first time.
5. I wanted to get over 100K points on Pitfall on Atari. Remember you had to send a picture in of the TV screen showing your point total to become part of the Pitfall Club.
6. I wanted to go on long vacation road trips with my family in our brown pimped out customized Scooby Doo like Van. Complete with the paneling on the walls and a refrigerator. I'm not kidding! BAM!
7. I wanted our high school football team to win the State Championship because my dad coached and I knew all the players. We made it to the state finals that year.
8. I wanted to someday be as cool as Ricky Shroder on Silver Spoons. In the meantime I would just dress like him and have my hair cut like him.
9. I wanted to not be scared of storms. I was petrified of storms- if there were storm clouds in the sky, I would freak. It was horrible. True story.
10. I wanted to be a weatherman. So I could know exactly what was going on with storms and tornadoes. Just like Don Woods. The most famous weatherman ever in Tulsa, OK.
11. I wanted the Cold War between the US and Russia to end. There always seemed to be the threat of Russia invading, just like they did in the movie Red Dawn.
12. I wanted to win the 4th grade free throw shooting contest and the 4th grade spelling bee. Which I did. Proving my well-roundedness.....
The simplicity of being 10.....How about you?