I've talked recently about the Top Ten Hymns of all time, and the Top Ten Modern Worship songs. So I thought I would put together my TOP TEN CHRISTMAS Songs, since it is Christmas Eve Eve. Here you go! Not making the list are such classics as White Christmas, I'll Be Home for Christmas, The 12 Days of Christmas, Do You Hear What I Hear?, and many others.
10. (tie) Hark the Herald Angels Sing/Deck the Halls- Deck the Halls gets added just because of the great scene in the movie A Christmas Story at the end of the film eating Duck on Christmas Day....
9. Jingle Bells- sang in every 2nd grade class across the country.
8. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer- also sang in every 2nd grade class around the country.
7. The First Noel- classic.
6. Away in a Manger- much different meaning now that I've been to Bethlehem.
5. We Wish You a Merry Christmas- sung at every Christmas party.
4. O Holy Night- man, always powerful.
3. Silent Night- one of my personal favorites.
2. O Come All Ye Faithful- tough to put this at #2....
1. Joy to the World- hopeful, powerful, and singable. A worthy #1.
What would you add?