1. Learn it, relearn it, and then learn it again. Just because you are out of school doesn't mean you quit learning. Be a lifelong learner. 2. Being an expert is quickly fading in the current culture. Everyone is an expert these days because of technology and connectivity. Don't put your hope in being an expert, since now more than ever there is someone else who knows way more than you do.
3. We have to reclaim a sense of Biblical understanding, wisdom and practice. Our Biblical illiteracy as a generation is staggering, sobering and frustrating. Gotta get back in the Word. This starts with pastors and Christian leaders embracing and constantly teaching the Scripture.
4. Humility rules.No explanation needed.
5. As always, making it happen and "shipping" as Seth Godin says is still an incredibly fashionable attribute. If you can execute on a project... if you can get things done.... if you can take an assignment and drive it to completion.... You're still valued and incredibly needed.
6. Put the Xbox up, turn off facebook, get out a book (or your iPad), and start reading. Seriously.
7. Understand what you are FOR. Don't be defined by what you are against, but instead by what you are for.
8. Honor the elders and sages who have laid the groundwork for your influence. We might have different strategies and styles, but those who've gone before us deserve tremendous respect. Give it to them.