Chuck Swindoll is a hero of mine. A legend. A man of God who has lived it out.
And these were 10 Keys he provided for us back in 2010 at Catalyst Atlanta. So practical.
Specifically positioned as things he wanted to pass on to the next generation of leaders- primarily those in their 20′s and 30′s.
1. It’s lonely to lead.
2. It’s dangerous to succeed. Especially when you are young.
3. It’s hardest at home.
4. It’s essential to be real. if there is one area or realm that being fake is personafied, it’s among leaders.
5. It’s painful to obey.
6. Brokenness and failure are necessary.
7. My attitude is more important than my actions. “Some of us are getting hard to be around.”
8. Integrity eclipses image. Every time.
9. God’s way is always better than my way. Many times we are just capable and can pull it off ourselves.
10. Christ likeness begins and ends with humility. “for i am meek and lonely of heart.”
Thanks Chuck for your example and investing in us!